Features Deprecated in Version 4
The following features were deprecated in Zoomdata4.
Zoomdata licenses prior to version 4.9. Contact Zoomdata Technical Support to obtain a new license.
The installation script used for versions earlier than version 4.
Manually upgrading Zoomdata 4.1 or later no longer provides the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) needed for Zoomdata to start.
As a result of the Data Writer optimization and the Scheduler microservice changes, the following Zoomdata components are no longer needed and are deprecated in this release.
The use of RabbitMQ has been deprecated. RabbitMQ is no longer a dependency and can be uninstalled from existing installations after you upgrade.
The Zoomdata upload microservice is deprecated.
The use of the Zoomdata Scheduler microservice has been deprecated. All of the scheduling functionality provided by the Scheduler microservice is now provided by Zoomdata's primary microservice. The following Scheduler components are also deprecated:
zoomdata-schedulerdatabase or metadata store
Because of this change, migration steps must be performed to upgrade to Zoomdata 4.3 or later. See Zoomdata Scheduler Migration.
The MONEY field type is no longer supported. Fields with this field type are automatically converted to NUMBER.
Connector support for the following data store versions are deprecated:
Data Store Deprecated Versions Apache Drill 1.11 through 1.13 Apache Solr anything earlier than version 6.6 Cloudera Impala 2.6 and 2.6 Elasticsearch 5 MemSQL 5.0 and 5.1 PostgreSQL 9.3 SparkSQL 2.0 through 2.2
The REST endpoints
/zoomdata/actuator/metrics-groupedare deprecated in this release.
zoomdata scheduleruser has been removed and is no longer used for scheduled data source refreshes. Instead, the controls for scheduled data source refreshes are now set in the connection definitions used by Zoomdata to connect to your data stores.
Roles are no longer used to authorize the use of Zoomdata data sources and other features. The concept of roles has been removed from the product and the Admin, User, and Groups Only roles have been removed.
Instead all users must now be assigned to groups that determine their ability to use data sources and other Zoomdata features. Two non-deletable groups are supplied by Zoomdata:
- Administrators: Users that are assigned to the Administrators group for an account are administrators of the account. This group is functionally synonymous with the legacy Admin role.
- View All: Users assigned to the View All group are allowed to view all existing data sources and shared dashboards in the account. This group is functionally synonymous with the legacy User role.
Supervisors can no longer:
- Manage data source, dashboards, and charts for an account.
- Maintain group definitions or assign users to group definitions. The only exception is when they create an account for the first time, when they assign or create an initial administrative user for the account.
- Change or reset passwords (except their own).
- Maintain user definitions in the account management section of the supervisor UI. They can only create and remove users in the Manage Users section of the supervisor UI.
To review a history of deprecated features, see Deprecated Zoomdata Features.