Composer makes visual analytics easy. Even fun. For anybody. For everybody. But if you're starting at the login screen and not sure how to get started, start here.
What Can I Do With Composer?
With Composer, you can:
- View visuals and dashboards
- Create a dashboard
- Save dashboards
- Import, share, export, and embed dashboards
If you have appropriate privileges, you can also manage data source configurations, actions, connectors, connections, accounts, groups, and users, and manage custom charts. See Authorizing Composer Access.
When you log into Composer, the Home page appears. To view the dashboards defined or shared with this instance of Composer, select Library on the top-level navigation banner or the UI menu, or the Dashboards box on the Home page. Visuals can be viewed by selecting a dashboard or by selecting a visual in the Visual Gallery.
From here, you can:
- Review a dashboard that a teammate has shared by selecting it.
- Create a new dashboard and visual. See Creating Dashboards.
- Import a dashboard. See Importing a Dashboard
- Sort the dashboards by name, date modified, data source, or owner.
- Filter the dashboards using the search box at the top of the page.
When you're viewing a visual or dashboard, you can:
- Select alternate metrics and attributes to examine
- Sort or set limits on the data
- Filter the data shown
- Change color schemes
- Change visual styles
- Tailor the rulers (reference lines) on some visuals
- Control the time bar for the dashboard visuals
- Create a keyset from data in a visual
- Add a new visual to a dashboard
- Place an existing visual on a dashboard
- Copy a visual
- Rename a visual
- Delete a visual or dashboard
- Export a visual or dashboard
- Share a dashboard
- Link dashboards
- Refresh visual data
- Create cross-source links between visuals on a dashboard
- Invoke an action if an action template has been defined
You can do any of these things without overwriting the original dashboard, which means you can use any dashboard as a starting point for your own data exploration. You can also save dashboards that you have modified as new dashboards.
For more information about viewing and using dashboards, see Managing Dashboards.
Creating a dashboard in Composer is really easy. See Creating Dashboards.
After creating a dashboard, you can save your work so you can continue it later or share it with somebody else. See Saving a Dashboard.
After saving a dashboard, you can share it with other Composer users. You can:
- Import a dashboard. See Importing a Dashboard.
- Share a dashboard with other Composer users in your account. See Sharing a Dashboard with Users Inside Your Account.
- Export a dashboard. See Exporting a Dashboard.