Installing and Uninstalling Server Monitor
This topic describes how you can install and uninstall Server Monitor on Windows.
Server Monitor is an application for the administrator which does not need to go on the same Server as the report system. So it is recommended that you install Server Monitor on a separate system or on systems for system administrators.
To install Server Monitor on Windows:
- Download the Server Monitor installation file from the download center.
- Execute the installation file.
- The Installation Wizard displays the Welcome screen. Select Next to continue.
- In the License Agreement screen, read the license agreement carefully. If you agree with all the terms, select I accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then select Next. The installation process will not continue unless you accept the terms stated.
- In the Choose Installation Folder screen, provide the absolute path for where you want to install Server Monitor. Select Browse to navigate to the destination folder. Select Next to continue.
- In the Configuration screen, specify the administration port and the active host address. Select Next to continue.
- In the Select JDK screen, select the JDK version with which Server Monitor will be installed. The selected JDK will be used to execute Server Monitor. The Installation Wizard collects and lists all the available JDK versions installed on your machine, you can then select one of the JDK versions from the list. Select Next to continue.
Note: The Installation Wizard doesn't list JRE versions found on your machine. The lowest JDK version Server Monitor supports is 1.8.0. JDK 9 is currently not supported.
- In the Add Class Path screen, a class path is necessary when using a JDBC driver or user-defined object. A class path is composed of a file path plus a zip file, jar file, or directory path. For example,
Select the Add button to add the selected class path to the class path list. Select Delete to delete the selected class path from the class path list. Then select Next to continue.
Or, you can skip this screen by directly selecting Install. Later you can manually edit the batch file or the command line starting Server Monitor to add class paths.
- In the Install Summary screen, the product name, location, and disk space information are shown. Click Install, and the Installation Wizard will start to install Server Monitor.
- In the Installing screen, the installing process and status are shown.
- After installation, the Read Me screen displays. Read the information and select Done to close the Installation Wizard.
To remove Server Monitor on Windows:
- Open Control Panel > Programs and Features to remove it.
- Run uninstaller.exe (uninstaller on Unix) in
Note: The uninstaller removes all the files that the installer generated, while Server Monitor retains the files that the program created later. You need to remove them manually.