Quick Start Guide for Administrators
Zoomdata makes visual analytics easy for end users. Zoomdata administrators are a big part of that. This docs portal will help you install, configure, maintain, and upgrade Zoomdata.
How Do I Administer Zoomdata?
Zoomdata is much like any installed software in that the administrator manages the software's life-cycle. Some tasks need to be done only when you start out or want to upgrade Zoomdata.
- Read the Zoomdata overview
- Install Zoomdata
- Configure Zoomdata
- Upgrade Zoomdata to a new version
- Manage Zoomdata microservices
|Zoomdata uses a packaged PostgreSQL v9.5 database instance to store its metadata and strongly recommends using this instance due to the specific configuration and version employed. If you would like to use another PostgreSQL instance, click to contact Technical Support for further guidance.|
You do other tasks only as needed.
- Manage connectors and data source configurations
- Create custom metrics and derived fields
- Manage accounts, groups, and users
- Manage activity logging
- Start and stop the Zoomdata server
- Uninstall Zoomdata
You'll need to do some maintenance tasks at regular intervals.