When you configure a data source, you can adjust the default settings for your charts. This can be done on the Charts tab of the data source configuration. To view the chart for the updated data source, click the menu icon, then click Data Sources, locate the data source, and select the required chart style.
Settings which are common for all chart styles (including Standard and Custom styles) can be accessed in the Global Default Settings menu. Otherwise, you can access unique settings for each chart style under the corresponding section on the Charts tab.
The Bars style includes most common settings and is used as the example in the step-by-step instructions provided below.
If you navigated to this page from one of the Connecting to [data source] topics, skip to the Charts section. Otherwise, begin with Step 1 below.
Select the data source configuration in the My Data Sources section. For this example, select Real Time Sales.
Click the Charts tab.
The Charts tab contains the following components:
Global Default Settings: these settings apply to all of the available chart styles listed in both the Standard and Custom tabs. For more information, see Configuring the Time Bar and Search Features.
Standard tab: contains all the chart styles that come packaged with Zoomdata.
Custom tab: contains the custom charts that have been created, if sharing was enabled by the creator.
Click Bars. The options available for the selected chart style will be displayed. Zoomdata provides default settings based on the data source. You can change these settings as needed so that users accessing your data source will view your default setup.
You can change the initial Group attribute, set a display limit, and select the starting sort for the attribute.
- The Group list contains a complete list of Attribute types that are available (as defined in the Fields tab).
- The Group Limit field sets the display limit for the selected Group attribute.
- The Group Sort sets the default attribute or metric that will be used in visualizing the results; as well as the order of the sort (either descending or ascending).
- For metrics, you can set the default aggregation function: MIN, MAX, AVG, SUM.
- For time attributes, you can set the default time granularity for the chart: minute, hour, day, week, month, year.
You can also change the initial Sub-Group attribute, set a display limit, and select the starting sort for the attribute.
The Y axis metric and color display default settings can also be edited.
The Y Axis list contains fields identified as an integer type (with the exception of time) that are available.
The Bar Color list identifies the metric that will be visualized. In addition, Bar Color offers the following options to further customize and clarify the chart:
- The number of colors that will be used to represent the metric range of the data set;
- Enabling the color legend and selecting the legend type;
- Selecting from a preset color palette or customizing your own color range.