Maintaining Custom Charts Using the Custom Chart CLI
Zoomdata’s Custom Chart Command Line Interface (CLI) allows developers to create, manage, and delete custom charts without being connected to the client application. The CLI tool uses
Node.js and is installed locally via
Once installed and configured, the Custom Chart CLI behaves much like any other command line tool. You can build projects, run tests, and push new charts using
npm scripts. The Custom Chart CLI also supports the configuration of multi-metric and group variables.
For a full list of common commands, see Commands for the Custom Chart CLI. A step-by-step tutorial for creating a custom chart can be found at this link: https://www.zoomdata.com/developers/tutorials/custom-chart/.
Before installing Zoomdata's Custom Chart CLI, verify that
This section covers the following topics:
- Supported Custom Chart CLI Versions
- Installing and Configuring the Custom Chart CLI
- Creating a Custom Chart Using the CLI
- Building the Custom Chart Using the CLI
- Editing the Custom Chart Using the CLI
- Pushing the Custom Chart to the Server Using the CLI
- Removing a Custom Chart from the Server Using the CLI
- Listing All Custom Charts on the Server Using the CLI
- Importing a Custom Chart Using the CLI
You can also perform some maintenance tasks for custom charts using the Zoomdata UI. See Managing Custom Charts in the UI.