Quick Start Guide for Users
Zoomdata makes visual analytics easy. Even fun. For anybody. For everybody. But if you're starting at the login screen and not sure how to get started, start here.
What Can I Do With Zoomdata?
With Zoomdata, you can:
- View charts and dashboards
- Make a dashboard by adding more charts
- Save dashboards
- Share, export, and embed dashboards
- Create new data sources
Viewing Charts and Dashboards
When you log into Zoomdata, you'll see either a grid or list of dashboards that you have created or that others in your team have shared.
From here, you can:
- Look at a dashboard that a teammate has shared by selecting it.
- Create a new dashboard and chart. See Creating Dashboards.
When you're viewing a chart or dashboard, you can:
- Select alternate metrics and attributes to examine.
- Resort or set limits on the data.
- Change filters.
- Change color schemes.
- Change chart types.
You can do any of these things without overwriting the original dashboard, which means you can use any dashboard as a starting point for your own data exploration. You can also save dashboards that you have modified as new dashboards.
For more information about viewing and using dashboards, see Exploring Your Dashboard Data.
Creating a Dashboard
Creating a dashboard in Zoomdata really easy. To do make a dashboard, select New on the home page and then select Create Dashboard. You will be prompted to choose a data source and a chart style for the first chart on the dashboard. When you save the dashboard, you are prompted to name it.
After creating a dashboard, you can save your work so you can continue it later or share with somebody else. To save your dashboard, click Save. The Save dialog allows you to name the dashboard or save it under a new name. You can also indicated whether you want to share the dashboard with other users in your account and how it will be shared.
For more information about saving dashboards and the options available in saving, see Saving a Dashboard.
, Exporting, and Embedding Dashboards
After saving a dashboard, you can share it with other Zoomdata users. You can also export for use as an image outside of Zoomdata.
For information about:
- Sharing a dashboard with other Zoomdata users, see Sharing a Dashboard.
- Exporting a dashboard, see Exporting a Dashboard.
- Using an iFrame to embed a dashboard in HTML, see Embedding Dashboards Using an iFrame.
Creating New Data Source Configurations
You might need to add a data source configuration to the set available for your team.
For more information about configuring a new data source, see Managing Data Source Configurations.